An IPO is the first time a company offers its shares to the public. This allows the company to raise capital to grow their business. IPOs are also a way for investors to get involved in a company and potentially make a profit.
If you are interested in applying for an IPO in Nepal you can do so, via Mero Share account, and will need to know how to check IPO result in Nepal as well.
An IPO is a significant event for both the company and the investors. For the company, it is a way to raise capital to grow their business. For the investors, it is an opportunity to own a piece of the company and grow with them.
The IPO process in Nepal is regulated by the Nepal Stock Exchange (NEPSE). The NEPSE publishes a prospectus for each IPO, which contains information about the company, the shares being offered, and the pricing.
Once the IPO closes, the NEPSE will allot the shares within few weeks depending on the issuer to announce the successful applicants.
The allotment results are published on the NEPSE website, the capital issue manager’s website, and the Mero Share website.
Requirement to Check IPO result in Nepal
You will need the following to check your IPO result in Nepal:
- Mobile / Computer to check IPO Result and,
- BOID Number
Understanding BOID Number (Beneficiary Owner Identification)
A BOID is a unique 16 Digit and Number identification number that is assigned to you when you apply for an IPO. It is used to track your shares and to prevent fraud. You can find your BOID number on the Mero Share website or by contacting your bank.
Checking IPO Results on Mero Share
The easiest way to check the IPO result is to do it on the Mero Share website. Go to the My ASBA section and click on Application Report. You will see a list of all the IPOs that you have applied for. The status of each application will be displayed.
Step By Step Process:
- Login into your Mero Share account: meroshare.cds.com.np
- Click on My ASBA from menu
- Click on IPO Report
- Scroll down to Status
If status is Alloted you will usually get 10 units of shares, and if it says Not Alloted it means you will not get any share.
Checking IPO Results on iporesult.cdsc.com.np
Another way to check the IPO result is to go to the iporesult.cdsc.com.np website. This website is operated by the CDSC (Central Depository and Clearing System). Enter your BOID number and the company name to check the result.
Checking IPO Allotment Results from Capital Issue Managers
You can also check the IPO allotment results from the capital issue manager’s website. The capital issue manager is the company that manages the IPO process. Each capital issue manager has their own website where you can check the result.
Step by Step Process:
- Go to the Iporesult.cdsc.com.np website.
- On the homepage, you will see a text box where you can enter your 16-digit BOID number. This number is usually provided to you when you apply for an IPO.
- Once you have entered your BOID number, click on the “Check” button to proceed.
- Your IPO result will be displayed on the screen. This will indicate whether your application has been accepted or rejected, and if it has been accepted, the number of shares allocated to you.
IPO Result Publication Methods in Nepal
The IPO result is published on the NEPSE website, and the capital issue manager’s website.
If you know which capital issue the IPO then:
- Go to issue capital’s website.
- Click on Check IPO Result button.
- Choose Company.
- Enter BOID number.
- Click on Check Button.
Understanding “Verified,” “Unverified,” & “Rejected” in Mero Share
The following are the statuses that you may see in Mero Share:
- Verified: Your application has been accepted and your shares have been allotted.
- Unverified: Your application is still pending.
- Rejected: Your application has been rejected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some frequently asked questions about IPO results:
- How long does it take to get the IPO result?
The IPO results are usually is usually published within a few days after the closing date.
- What if I don’t get the IPO result?
If you don’t get the IPO result, it means that your application has been rejected. There are many reasons why an application can be rejected. Some of the most common reasons are:
* Insufficient balance in your bank account.
* Incorrect BOID number.
* Duplicate BOID number.
* Wrong lot unit.
* Unregistered CRN.
* Applying from multiple accounts by a single person in a single IPO.
- How can I sell my allotted IPO shares?
You can sell your allotted IPO shares through your broker. You can also sell them directly to the public.
- How long does it take to get a refund for an unallocated IPO application?
The refund for an unallocated IPO application is usually processed within 15 days after the closing date.
- What is the minimum bank balance required to apply for an IPO?
The minimum bank balance required to apply for an IPO is Rs. 1,000.
I hope this comprehensive guide has helped you understand how to check IPO results in Nepal. If you have any further questions, please feel to comment your question below.